Mojo de Caña
Voluntariado corto en Chipre - Agricultura y Actividades Culturales
Estamos buscando voluntari@s que quieren apoyar la cosecha y organización de eventos culturales.
duración: A total of 4 week(s) during the period 20/08/2019 to 19/09/2019
fecha límite: 15/08/2019
Descripción del proyecto
''World Wide Village'' is a short term project developed by Politistiko Ergastiri in 2019 for the third time. You will have the possibility to experience the way of living in Cypriot villages by supporting, working and cooperating with the local community, by sharing your skills and knowledge. It will be implemented in a village called Lysos.
The main tasks are:
- working in the fields collecting crop (carobs and almonds) but also supporting villagers in work that is needed to be supported with (cleaning, building, watering, taking care of animals)
- Volunteers may suggest implementing cultural activities, such as music events, cinema evenings,etc.
The project is about promoting environmental issues, intercultural exchange and active participation in areas where it is needed. Implicating volunteers from countries other than Cyprus will enhance our goals of tolerance, acceptance and awareness of cultural diversity leading to integration and intercultural experiences.
Alojamiento, manutención y transporte
The volunteers will be accommodated in Lysos.
Perfil del voluntario
The volunteer has to be willing to:
- Work in the fields from early morning hours for about 20 days of the whole experience.
- Be ready to have hands on experiences with farmers and hard working people.
- work with villagers and learn from them
- produce local products out of fruit
- support villagers in various work occasions
- enjoy nature and the local environment (sea, forest)
- have a group spirit and tolerance, contribute to group activities, living and sharing together for a month
- be committed to the tasks and the program
- respect the village and villagers